The Gallery is proud to present Urban Fine Art: an exhibition of Street Art and Graffiti. It features a number of the most talented and cutting-edge artists who have been integral to redefine the framework of the genre and expanding it to a global audience. Exhibited artists include:
– Banksy (UK) – For over a decade, this Bristol-born artist has been single-handedly shaping the Urban Fine Art agenda. Banksy’s work consistently manages to reach six and seven figures sums at auction, and in 2009, his seminal exhibition at the Bristol Museum was one of the top-30 most visited exhibitions of the year.
– Keith Haring (USA) – Keith’s art and social activism was galvanised by the New York City Street culture of the 1980s and he became an exemplar of the downtown New York scene, creating some of the most celebrated and persistent images of late twentieth-century art.
– Shepard Fairey (USA) – Known for his 2008 ‘HOPE’ electoral campaign poster for President Obama, Shepard Fairey’s pioneering work has proliferated throughout the globe and can be found in galleries such as Washington’s National Portrait Gallery and London’s Victoria and Albert Museum.
– Futura (USA) – This legendary New York graffiti artist has exhibited alongside names such as Keith Haring and Jean-Michel Basquiat, and is famed for initiating and inspiring a generation of self-mobilising and self-empowering artists.
– Jose Parla (USA) – Parla is an avant-garde abstract graffiti artist. His works frequently include layers of calligraphy and recall aged and weathered ancient city walls. Curated by Shea & Ziegler in collaboration with Moniker Projects